Experiencing any issues with your Aegis Mod? Read on!
The Geekvape Aegis 100w Box Mod was one of the hottest selling products of 2017. Featuring power up to 100w, waterproof and shockproof, this mod has been experiencing durability tests worldwide to see just what it can handle. Now that you've purchased your Aegis mod, or have had it for some time, you may be due for an updated firmware download from Geekvape! You can find this download here: Aegis Firmware Update
As of this blog, the most current update available is the V1.24 update, which was released on February 28th, 2018.
Some of the fixes these firmware updates offer:
- 1.Fixed the issue of 10s overtime cutoff safety feature.
- 2.Modify Fahrenheit adjustment unit, from 10 degrees Fahrenheit to 5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3.Added Stealth mode, press and hold the 3 keys simultaneously for 2s to enter or exit the Stealth mode.
- 4.NEW/OLD Coil question optimized
- 5.Sleep Mode changed from 2 mins to 10 minus
- 6.Temperature Control slightly improved
- 7.Resistance lock added
- 8.Accuracy of Battery Power Display
- 9.Other Funtions Optimized
- 10.Including new firmware information (Turn off mod , then press “+” “-” together )
- 11.Accuracy of Bypass Mode initial voltage Optimized
- 12.Including auto-identify atomizer function
- 13.Corrected TCR coefficient of SS coils from 0.00091 to 0.00096
- 14.Corrected the Calculation method of initial resistance, more accurate .
- 15.Corrected the high resistance notes, it shows “Ohms too high” with bypass mode; it shows “Ohms too high, Plz lower wattage” with other modes
- 16.Corrected the notes when battery weak, it shows “battery weak” with bypass mode; it shows “Battery weak, plz lower wattage” with other modes
- 17.Device still work with high resistance
- 18.Corrected the conflict of high resistance and “10s cut off ” display
- 19.Default resistance to identify high resistance under TC mode
As you can see, updating your Aegis Firmware is quite important, as issues with the device have been brought to the attention of Geekvape, they have been releasing updates to fix those issues to ensure the safety of customers! In order to update your Aegis 100w Mod, you will need a Windows based operating system (Geekvape is working on compatibility with Apple products) and Zip software to unpack Zip file once downloaded (i.e. WinZip, WinRar, 7-Zip, etc.)
Steps to update:
1. Remove the atomizer and battery from the device;
2. Plug Micro USB cable into your Personal Computer (PC, laptop, etc.);
3. Press and hold the “power button”, while plugging in the Micro USB cable to the device;
4. Download the most recent version of the Aegis Firmware, open and unpack zip file to Windows
Desktop, run/open Aegis upgrade firmware by double clicking the executable file (.exe), start
5. Firmware has finished installing once the Aegis upgrade firmware is showing “Update successfully”.
Unplug the Micro USB from the device, press the “power” button 5 times to turn on the device and the
upgrade is complete.
① It will take some time to connect the computer if it’s the first time to update, please be patient.
② The update will last several seconds to a minute.
③ If your Aegis fails to update, please repeat the above procedures and remember to take out the battery first.